How to mark a leaver? #
To set a worker as a leaver:
- Go to Employee setup > Choose the worker > Update
- Set their End date and click Update.
Then, the next Pay run will process the worker as a leaver:
- Salary will be automatically prorated.
- Holiday will pay out if the When leaving setting is selected (in the Scheme Pay Definition).
- (GB) A P45 will created and HMRC will be notified.
You can also use the Toolshed > Employee bulk editor to set the end dates of multiple people at the same time.
How can a leaver see their documents? #
Worker’s have access to paiyroll® after the leaving date for about 31 days.
- If you need to allow access after that, please consult the documentation under “Leavers”.
- If you need to re-enable access temporarily, set the worker’s Active setting.
- There is no need to set a reminder to clear it the setting as Payroll Debbie will run within a day and clear it.
- Pay-after-leave (see below) will automatically restore access temporarily.
How to pay a leaver? #
To include a worker in a Pay run after leaving, first add a date in the worker’s Pay after end setting:
Now, all Pay runs up to that date will include the worker. Second, use the Pay Item Editor to provide the adjustments needed. Tip: remember to clear any pay and pay after end date after.